Wednesday, February 24, 2010

life's a beach.

A brief synopsis of what happened in Huanchaco:


1. Met an artist named Joan Louis on the beach, whose paintings have been exhibited on three continents, who got drunk on pina coladas and hit on my mom, and who became our new favorite Peruvian almost-famous person with the sweetest heart ever.



2. Saw the ruins of Chan Chan and Huaca Sol. We figured that seeing ancient Mochica and Chimu civilizations would make up for the fact that we wouldn't see Incan ruins in Machu Picchu. We were wrong. Not that the second largest adobe metropolis in the world and a couple of Unesco World Heritage sites are anything to scoff at, but HELLO, building in sand isn't as cool as building on the side of the Andes. Fact.




3. Favorite picture of the last four months: slightly drunk taxi driver. Absolute unawareness that he was in the way. Mom with Flat Stanley outside Arco Iris. Pure gold.
4. No peeing.

2 comments:

Kelly Anne said...

Just wanted you to know that I'm still reading. :)

kendraelyssa said...

AAANNNIITTTTAAAAAAA!
I think I've mentioned this before, but your blog and my RSS feed don't get along-- but now I'm here, I'm queer and I'm catching up on your lifffffeeeee.
Did Anita have a blast?