Saturday, February 06, 2010

king triton is angry.

Things that encourage people to keep surfing:

1. How fun and welcoming Peruvian surfers are. I had a cheer squad for my first successful set of waves, which is really endearing.
2. Spending an afternoon in a warm ocean being told jokes by two brothers named Carlos and Javier. They are like two compact little elves who barely hit 5 feet, and I feel like a gangly, weak-armed albino next to them. I'm selling this to the WB as a sitcom concept, so don't steal it.

Things that will make someone flee from the ocean permanently:
1. Seeing dead sea lions pummeled on the rocks after the same "red alert" waves almost pulled you under the day before
2. Seeing a drunk guy almost drown, throw up foam and get taken to the hospital after trying to take a dip
3. HUMAN BONES. Lots of them. Washing ashore. Right where you're sitting. Now that, my friends, is what we might call "disconcerting," because someone is probably missing those.

No comments: